Tuesday 8 November 2011

Confirmation Retreat

I think this retreat is one of my GREATEST experiences so far in my relationship with God!! There were so many high points in this short 2day2night retreat! It was my first time being a facil for such an important camp so I was absolutely nervous and scared.

Before the retreat, it was a really testing time for me. I had just received my exam results and I did really badly. Well, things weren't really working out for me. I was quite distraught and was not looking forward to the retreat. However, there was something calling me to put in my all for the retreat. And when Spiritual Prep came, it completely lighten my heavy heart and enlightened me. Confession was also a very joyous experience, one of my better ones.

I think what really helped me was fasting before the camp. I wanted to completely surrender to God for once. So instead of fasting for the 2 days, I decided it would be better to fast for the week. There were so many temptations to break fast, but I really put in my all in all and pulled through. The spiritual prep by Stephen before the camp started was excellent, and I think that really helped me to get into the right frame of mind! Praise God!

The one event that completely healed me, was definitely Nicholas Tan's opening worship. It was really great and I truly affirm him for that! I feel that that was the turning point of the retreat for me. I was really excited from that moment on and God was from that moment, ever so real to me. That was why I was upset that the Confirmands were not yet in the right frame of mind to receive from that powerful worship. It almost put me to tears. God really strengthened me.

Though all that time, I had completely forgotten that we had the skit during Greg and Jessica's session. I felt quite unprepared, so I just let God do the work, and it turned out great!! I was given a wonderful and really open group and 2 amazing co-facils, Alexandra and Aloysius, so I didn't need to struggle or fear at all. Sharing was wonderful. However, I was very disheartened during the mime practice as I had completely forgotten everything and nothing was going well for me though. So I had a rough night.

The next morning, I needed to start out my day with God. So I prepared myself and flew to the Adoration room. I was desperate for God, and I just said to him, "Please just help me today, I need you. Take control." I needed strength again. And God did just that, he took control of me and guided me the whole day.

Cheryl asked us to intercede during the recon while ushering the Confirmands and I experience the hug of God during the whole time. Indeed, God was truly present the whole time. Then we had a truly Spirit filled spiritual prep for the Outpouring of the Holy Spirit!! It was really really draining, and I wasn't the only one who felt drained. I was completely overwhelmed by the amount of power present in the Parish Hall. The atmosphere and setting of the room was completely transformed with the power and might of God! Mark saw Angels and today, I can affirm it, as God really sent down the heavens and he worked wonders during the night. How I wish I was a confirmand this retreat.

Well, during the night, I lead the facils in the Rosary, which I must say, I did not realise that I prayed so loudly. When my group shared about the Hail Mary overpowering the Mic in volume, I was so shocked and so scared that I was distracting them. OH NO!!! I was really scared, right until JP shared that someone in his group started crying during the Ave Maria, then I could finally heave a sigh of relief. haha

Overall the 2 days were really joyous experiences. I went straight to bathe after debrief, but then suddenly remember that there was supposed to be mime practice whilest under the shower..... Praise God it was delayed. On the last day, I really saw the confirmands who were transformed and empowered by the holy spirit!! And I felt that the mime went better than I could ever imagine. I did not even need to preempt what my next move was, it just came to me. That I would say, was definitely God working in me. Praise GOD!!!!

I think Maryanne's testimony really spoke to me especially because I have had that exact experience and life, so I knew that I was not alone in my journey in Christ. So THANKS BE TO GOD FOR HER!!! And she also affirmed me for alot of which happened during the camp. I think she really made my day!



Thanks for reminding me James! I almost forgot to add in!! My God experience this retreat is definitely better than my own retreat last year! So PRAISE GOD FOR THAT!!! I guess it's because I put in more effort to surrender to God this year and I was more open!

Wish you all were there to experience God too!!
Lots of Love,
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment